• 2 lbs fresh beets
• 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 Teaspoon salt
• 1/4 Teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 Teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 small red onion thinly sliced
• 2 cups orange segments
• 1/4 cup crumpled Feta Cheese
• 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
• 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
Honey Orange Syrup Ingredients
• 1 cup orange juice
• 2 Tablespoon honey
• 1/4 Teaspoon crushed garlic
• Sprinkle fresh ground black pepper
• Sprinkle cumin
• Sprinkle ground coriander
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Peel, and chop the beets into 1/2 inch cubes, put them on a roasting pan drizzle with olive oil, water, salt, black pepper and cover with foil.
2. Roast in a preheated oven (350) until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, until fork tender.
3. When the beets are cool enough transfer them to a serving dish.
4. You will want to make your Honey Orange Syrup next. In a medium pan combine the orange juice, honey, garlic, black pepper, cumin, coriander, raisins, and fresh sliced mint leaves on high heat until their is a syrupy texture and the raisins are plump. Remove from heat.
5. Add the orange slices, red onion, crumpled feta, sliced fresh mint, and almond slices to the beets.
6. Lastly, spoon the Honey Orange syrup over the salad and sprinkle a garnish or fresh mint leaves.